Dr. Lutabingwa currently serves as the Associate Vice Chancellor For International Education and Development
- Serves as Senior International Officer for the University responsible for developing, managing, and coordinating all Appalachian’s international programs.
- Develops and manages programs for international student and scholar services, including immigration issues, cross-cultural adjustment, and enrichment and awareness activities.
- Develops and manages education abroad programs for Appalachian students and recruits students to applying for international education opportunities.
- Develops programs that seek to increase the involvement of Appalachian faculty/staff in international education and international development.
- Develops the international education and development strategic plan for Appalachian.
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and responding proactively to international grant and contract opportunities (grant writing and management).
- Administers, plans, and develops University-wide international programs, policy-development, and strategic planning via cooperative relations with all stakeholders (Board of Trustees via the president, provost, vice presidents, deans, general counsel, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and others).
- Responsible for all University-wide academic, research, and public service international matters for Appalachian in cooperation with higher education institutions and related organizations throughout the world.
- Negotiates and establishes international partnerships.
- Promotes mutual understanding and cooperation between the peoples of other nations and the United States through open exchange of ideas and alliances with individuals in the Appalachian Region.
- Facilitates professional and personal interaction for international leaders and visitors during official visits to the Appalachian Region.
- Develops and manages international education and development budget at Appalachian
- Ph.D. (1996) Public Policy & Administration (Policy Analysis), Jackson State University, Jackson, MS
- M.I.A. (1992) International Development Management and Training, School for International Training, Brattleboro, VT
- B. A. (1986) Business Administration (Management), Economics, and Political Science, Wartburg College, Waverly, IA
Title: Associate Vice Chancellor for International Programs, Professor of Public Administration
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-2046
Fax: (828) 262-2947
Office addressOffice of International Education and Development
|Lutabingwa CV 2021||document||265.83 KB|